About Jen Frazer
My most recent work uses Reece Scannell’s screen-printed photographic textiles. These have lead me to use more thread painting and techniques. Using the photographic textiles presents new challenges. Previously, a design for a textile piece would evolve from an idea or be inspired from something I had seen. However, with the hand screen prints, an image is presented which requires careful analysis:
- What is the textile imagery saying to me?
- What is the story behind the piece?
- What are the main design elements (line, shapes etc) in the piece?
- Should the piece be left whole or segmented?
- What techniques will best portray the story to be told?
The final design will depend on answers to all of these questions. I have exhibited my work over the years in Australia, USA, UK and Canada, winning a number of awards in Australia and USA.